Temporary Finance & Administration Coordinator
PURPOSE: This position requires an individual with a positive team spirit, enthusiasm to integrate into a growing and highly dynamic team, and commitment to a collaborative approach in working as part of a global team.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation, as well as help with ensuring compliance and consistency with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain finance files and other documentation serving as evidence of transactions at the procurement level only.
- Maintaining procurement, payment Logs and scanning of monthly receipts.
- Collect petty cash requests and submit to FAM for payment
- Maintain country office inventory of equipment, furniture and supplies.
- Coordinate procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy, obtain
- quotes and offers, prepare cost and quality analyses, and draft procurement
- instruments particularly purchase orders.
- Route out procurement and payment authorization emails for approval by responsible staff and Budgetholder.
- Ensure final invoices and receipts from suppliers meet EFD requirements as prescribed by tax laws
- Provide support to Finance & Administration Manager in cash flow forecasting and cash management, as may be required
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (225+ POSTS
- Coordinate with Finance & Administration Manager in managing the office lease to make sure it is current, and amendments are processed as required.
- Assist Finance & Administration Manager in the coordination with the local information technology contract.
- Provide front desk/reception and secretarial support, and assistance with routine office functions. This includes handling all incoming telephone calls, distributing mail and routing to appropriate staff for action, information or follow up.
- Provide logistical support for program activities, events, and workshops.
- Coordinate travel itineraries, airfare ticketing, hotel reservations and other travel logistics for staff, visitors and consultants.
- Manage the office supplies inventory for stationaries and replenishing stocks regularly.
- Ensure that supplies for office use are available and replenish when needed i.e. electricity tokens, water, sugar, teabags, dishwashing soaps, napkins etc.
- Coordinate office space and equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintain updated staff directory and office calendars.
- Maintain Tanzania office files. Create, update and maintain a filing system for project reports, briefs, brochures and other project related documents for quick reference and easy accessibility.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager, providing assistance and support to other Tanzania office staff members.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Swahili fluency required. Proficiency in other languages a plus.
- Commitment to international development and values-driven work environment.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize and follow up (execution).
- Confident, tactful, and participatory.
-A recognized accounting/administration qualification with 1-3 years relevant work experience in international, non-profit organizations, as well as multi-office, multinational environment.
-Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and internet required.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Title: Temporary Finance & Administration Coordinator
Application Deadline: 2018-10-19
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Tanzania Temporary Finance & Administration Coordinator " in the subject line:
- Cover Letter
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
No phone calls, please. To be considered for this position please follow application instructions.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.