Overview: Regional Manager TANROADS – MANYARA on behalf of Chief Executive TANROADS seeks to recruit qualified and competent with high integrity Tanzanian Citizen to fill the following vacant post for specific duties on contract basis within Manyara Region. A successful applicant must be ready to work for a considerable length of time away from his/her permanent station as situation warrants.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (307+ POSTS
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS – (3 POSTS)
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Successful applicants must be ready to work on all working days, Weekend and during Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
The Position Holder shall report to the Weighbridge Shift In-charge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge Scale devices;
Weigh Motor vehicle with Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)>3.500 kg on public roads;
Imposing road damage fee on the spot for the overloaded vehicle;
- Measuring physical dimension of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle and providing advice to transporters in case of non-compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- For truck carrying an abnormal load with special permit, the Weighbridge operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge In-charge for appropriate action;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity, integrity and strict compliance with laid down day to day procedures;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Weighbridge Shift In-Charge;
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
- Must be Holder of Ordinary Secondary Education Certificate.
- Must have an FTC or Diploma in Civil, Highway, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or any other related discipline from any recognised Learning Institution/College;
- Computer literate;
- Age limit between 20-40 years;
- Must be fluent in both Swahili and English language;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
According to TANROADS Salary Scale: TRS 4.1
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than 9th November 2018 at 16:30 hrs; local time with their complete CVs; certified copies of all academic and professional certificates, certified birth certificate; names of two referees inclusive former employer if any; applicants contact telephone number and postal address. Only.the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Neither electronic nor late application will be considered.
The application should be addressed to:-
P.O. Box 24,
BABATI – MANYARA
Tel: + 027 2530383
Fax: +027 2510008
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
REGIONAL ADIMINISTRATION AND LOCAL
TANZANIA RURAL AND URBAN ROADS AGENCY
INVITATION FOR BIDS
18TH OCTOBER 2018
1. This invitation for tenders follows the general procurement notice for this project which appeared in Tanzania Procurement Journal (TPJ) dated 20th June, 2018.
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the TARURA -Arusha Region during the financial year 2018/2019. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contracts for executions of the following works:
|TENDER NUMBER||TENDER DESCRIPTIONS||ELIGIBLE CIVIL CONTRACTORS|
|AE/092/2018/2019/AR/W/39||Upgrading of Sojema- Kisimani-Amani road to Asphalt Concrete Standard.||Class VI & Above|
|(RE – ADVERTISED)|
|AE/092/2018/2019/AR/W/01||Periodic/Rehabilitation of Leyora, Serengeti, Machame, Sanawari and Mianzini road to Asphalt Concrete Standard||Class V & Above|
4. TARURA Arusha Regional coordinator On behalf of CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) -TARURA now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified Local Contractors registered by the Contractors Registration Board (CRB) in class above mentioned classes.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the office of The Secretary, Delegated TARURA – Arusha Regional Tender Board, P.o. Box 1970,Arusha. Located at Arusha International Conference Center Building, Kilimanjaro Wing 3rd Floor, Room No. 321, between 07:30 am and 03:30 pm from Monday to Friday inclusive, except on public holidays.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (307+ POSTS
6. A complete set of bidding documents (and additional copies) may be purchased by interested bidders at the above office, on submission of a written application to the address given above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tsh 100,000.00 (Tanzania Shillings One Hundred Thousand only) for each set, payable either by Banker’s Cheque or Banker’s Draft to TARURA – Arusha City Council, Through National Microfinance Bank Clock tower Branch Account number: 40810062859
7. Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days after Bid opening, and must be accompanied by a “Bid Securing declaration” in an acceptable form and the bid must be submitted or be sent by a registered post clearly addressed to: The Secretary, Delegated TARURA – Arusha Regional Tender Board, P.o. Box 1970, located at Arusha International Conference Center Building, Kilimanjaro Wing 3rd Floor, Room No. 321 so as to reach him/her on or before the deadline for submission of bids.
8. The deadline for submission of bids shall be at 10 00 Hours local time on Friday, 02nd November, 2018 Bids will be opened in public in the AICC COMPOUND at the Arusha international Conference Centre (AICC)- Arusha ,immediately after submission dead line and in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend.
All bids in one (1) original plus (thee) 3 copies, properly filled in and enclosed in envelop clearly marked the name of the project.
9. Late bids, partial bids, electronic bids, bids sent by fax/telex, bids not received, not opened and not read out in public at the bid opening ceremony shall not be considered for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Regional Coordinator, Arusha region on behalf of
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency.