“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families
Read Also:Position Details
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (52+ POSTS
Job title: Senior Technical Advisor for Integrated Service Delivery Models
Primary manager: Associate Director of Technical Services
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Grade: 7
The Senior Technical Advisor for Integrated Service Delivery Models (STA-SDM) has a technical advisory responsibility for the implementation of integrated service delivery models; including the development of models, planning for implementation, providing TA during execution, quality assurance, monitoring, documentation, and reporting. Reporting to the Associate Director of Technical Services (ADTS), the STA-SDM will provide guidance and build the capacity of project staff and service providers in the field to successfully establish efficient client-centered service delivery models in the areas of HIV, TB, and FP. The STA-SDM will work in close collaboration with the technical team colleagues to ensure a coordinated flow of technical specialists support to the field implementation as defined by program priorities and needs.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of integrated service delivery models
- Continuously reviewing EGPAF Tanzania’s strategies on ensuring efficient service delivery models are established, with a particular focus on integrated HIV/TB/FP services.
- Providing technical assistance for further improvement of EGPAF Tanzania’s projects and their established service models
- Regular meet with senior technical managers of the projects, coordinators of program components and address the SDM challenges.
- Work with activity holders and regional teams on identifying and addressing region specific SDM issues.
- Work with SIE team to establish M&E tools and indicators to strengthen the documentation of and reporting on the SDM.
Represent EGPAF as SDM focal person and expert in stakeholders’ forums.
- Capacity building of project staff and local stakeholders and service providers
- Closely collaborate with the Training and Capacity Building department (TCB), HIV, TB and FP teams in the planning and facilitation of capacity building efforts related to SDMs
- Development of innovative training curricula, focusing on OJT.
- Specifically ensure that guideline changes are addressed and shared
- Assist in addressing site specific needs by direct didactic training and mentoring
- Facilitate capacity building of project staff to enable local design of efficient SDMs.
- Coordinate and supervise the roll out and improvement of targeted SDM mentorship
- Coordinate the implementation of service delivery models
- Provide planning and oversight on the various SDMs implemented.
- Monitor implementation of SDM through agreed indicators.
- Apply QI principles to ensure quality assurance of SDM implementation
- Lead documentation and reporting/sharing of best practices.
- Medical professional with 7 years of experience working in RCH, HIV/AIDS and TB programs and international health.
- Master’s in Public Health or other relevant Master’s degree is an essential requirement
- At least 5 years of proven project management experience in the design, administration, management and implementation of health programs
- Understanding on local RCH, HIV, TB and FP integration context within health facilities and community levels
- Proven experience in building capacity of teams and health care workers.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Energetic, independent, self-motivated.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd November, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.J2