JOB DESCRIPTION: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
Miracle Corners Tanzania (MCT) is a locally registered
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with a vision for greater levels of
education, improved oral health, dental services and increased economic
security in Tanzania. The organization operates community centers in
Arusha and Songea which provide subsidized vocational training programs
accredited by VETA, in the hope of equipping youths with the skills
needed to attain a stable source of income.
MCT is a partner organization of Miracle Corner of the World
(MCW), a New York based non-profit Organization with a mission to
address communities' pressing needs by empowering current leaders and
readying leaders of tomorrow. More information can be found on https://mcwglobal.org/
MCI is seeking to recruit Operations Officer to be based in Dar es
Salaam Office. The Officer will work closely with the MCT Country
Manager to oversee the day-to-day activities of the organization,
specifically to ensure adherence to financial and administrative
procedures, accurate filing and organizational systems are in place and
compliance with donor and government requirements. This position is full
time, fixed term (1 year) and will report to the MCT Country Manager.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (62+ POSTS
• Maintain up-to-date HR files for all employees;
• Coordinate recruitment process;
• Assist Country Manager in carrying out tasks to ensure compliance with donor and government requirements;
• Support the Country Manager in the ensuring the timely submission of returns and annual registration requirements.
• Participate in the development of annual budget and implementation of costed work plan;
• Maintain an up-to-date fixed asset register and inventory for all MCT assets;
• Ensure timesheets are accurately kept and filed;
• Oversee the general administration two Centres (based in Arusha
& Songea), its operations, and maintenance (regular cleaning and
• Procurement of office supplies and equipment.
• Ensure monthly time sheets are submitted to the MCW Chief Operating Officer to allow timely payroll processing;
• Oversee timely payments of monthly expenses (electricity, utilities, etc.);
• Review payment requests and prepare checks for approval by the
Country Manager, ensuring that supporting documents are sufficiently
provided to make payments;
• Maintain a ledger of financial transactions at the Centre including revenue and expenses;
• Collect and issue receipts for all transactions at the Centre;
• Collect any revenue generated from community centre programs pursuant to set finance policies;
• Manage petty Cosh;
• Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Country Manager;
• Work closely with the Country Manager to ensure MCT is complying
with local regulations and organizational policies, as well as
creating, updating and maintaining key operational procedures; Ajira mpya 2018
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
• Provide logistical support visiting staff, partners and donors in country on certain occasions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
professional qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and/or
abilities required to successfully perform this job:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other Professional equivalent qualifications.
• 3.5 Years working experience in accounting and book keeping.
• Excellent knowledge of keeping payments order books as well as cheque books
• Excellent knowledge in verifying and preparing cheques and payments vouchers
• Excellent knowledge in preparing financial reports.
• Excellent knowledge in keeping all accounting documents in a safe and orderly manner.
• Performing all accounting functions in accordance with
international accounting standards, procedures and policies. - Should
have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills; problem
solving skills, teamwork skills, analytical skills and multi-tasking
• Must be proficient with English and Swahili languages in both spoken and written.
• Excellent knowledge in setting up and using Quickbooks
• Experience working with local government and regulatory authorities in Tanzania;
• Ability to gather, evaluate and present information effectively
to employees, management and a Board of Directors and make actionable
recommendations; strong written and oral presentation skills;
• Ability to think conceptually and deal decisively with practical
matters in a proactive manner that reduces financial risk to the
• Proven ability and willingness to work independently, prioritize and hold oneself accountable:
• Strong mastery of Google Drive and Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel;
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Mode of application
All interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com enclosing the following:
I. Letter of interest;
2. CV/Resume; and
Applications should be addressed to the Senior Country Manager. Closing date is 23rd November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: The guardian November 08, 2018J2