Job Title: Legal Officer
QUALIFICATION : DEGREE IN LAW, CERTIFIED ADVOCATE, HIGH INTERGRITY.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE : AT LEAST 2 YEARS AND ABOVE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 30/11/2018
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (39+ POSTS
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR LEGAL OFFICER
- Proactively identify all legislative requirements that the business fall into.
- Pick and translate specific clauses of the Law of each Department and share with relevant Head of Department.
- Develop Legal Compliance procedure explaining roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder and enforces its implementation.
- Prepare Legal register, Monitor compliance and update Management
- Properly advices HOD'S in handling Employees disputes and coordinate all external Legal cases to defend the Company.
- Assist the Company with professional Legal advice during voluntary Agreement negotiations with Employees
- Explore options of insurance packages appropriate for the Company assets and advice the advantage of each for Decision Making
- Develop insurance register for all Company vehicles, negotiate for better premiums and pay timely.
- Ensure that the Company only engages reputable contractors.
- Ensure all contract are properly Negotiated in favour of the Company and timely renewed
- Ensure all permits are obtained and timely renewed.