Job Title: IT Infrastructure Engineer (Grade 10) - ( Tanzania )
IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for recommending the architecture and specifications of Servers, Storage and IT Networks to be utilized by all business or support applications. His/her responsibilities include recommendation, installation, availability, proper performance (capacity management) and service continuity of servers and IT network storage and devices.
IT Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible also for software updates and security configurations of Operating Systems and IT Networks as well of ensuring availability of separate environments for production, testing and business continuity.
THE WAY WE WORK:
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
Read Also:CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (25+ POSTS
• Install and configure new servers, storages, network and access devices.
• Install, Update and Tune operating systems and software utilities for network management and applications
• Monitor capacity and performance and install HW and Network Upgrades.
• Grant users and applications accesses when required
• Ensure Internal Control and apply information security best practices, in order to have a controlled and reliable environment. Follow change control procedures and ensure SLA fulfilment.
• Diagnose and Identify problems that can affect service availability or performance. Assure technical service for installed equipment.
• Ensure that data rooms and IT installations are kept neat and clean, according to cabling and IT best practices.
• Keep updated inventory of hardware, network devices, configurations, locations and purpose. Document operative tasks, maintenance tasks and contingency procedures.
• Propose and recommend the architecture to be utilized in Tigo for Networking, Servers and Storage,
• Define capacity expansions and requirements for new projects and applications
• Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
• Install, Configure and Manage Monitoring systems like Lansweeper, Solarwind etc
• Install, Configure and Manage Virtualization technology from VMWARE, Huawei, Redhat and Microsoft.
• Idea on how different Databases work.
• Execute Business Continuity policies and procedures related with IT Infrastructure.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information
• Experience with Virtualization technology from VMWARE, Huawei, Redhat and Microsoft
• ITILV3 Foundation and Practitioner
• Minimum 3 years of experience in IT Infrastructure (Telecoms preferably)
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in the IT industry (Telecoms preferably)
• Experience in connecting and applying complex technologies to products
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
"We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices"
Only Successful Candidates will be contacted.