Sikika is a non-governmental Organization registered in 2009 to take
over the work of Youth Action Volunteers (YAV), which was registered in
1999. The Organization has transformed from youth in reproductive health
(YAV) to broader fundamental health outcomes namely Health Governance
and Financing, Human Resources for Health, Medicines and Medical
Supplies and HIV & AIDS. However, we recognized that shortcomings
such as poor planning, allocation and mismanagement in the broader area
of Public Financial Management (PFM) are a constraint to the achievement
of our core goal of catalyzing improvements in health service
Therefore, in 2016-2020 strategic plan, Sikika
reviewed the core programmes and introduced a new one, namely Public
Finance Governance, which intends to promote sound public financial
management and discipline. We will, however, maintain our traditional
Health Governance Programme aimed at ensuring health care systems
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (47+ POSTS
Our interventions are based in all zones in Tanzania mainland, both
rural and urban areas: Kondoa & Mpwapwa (Dodoma), Simanjiro
(Manyara), Singida rural and Kinondoni & Temeke districts (Dar es
Salaam). The 2016/20 strategic plan has extended to new districts
namely Babati (Manyara), Serengeti & Musoma Urban (Mara),Mbeya
Urban & Chunya (Mbeya) and Ikungi (Singida). Others are Siha &
Moshi (Kilimanjaro), Iringa Urban & Kilolo (Iringa), Lindi, Urban
& Kilwa (Lindi), Kigoma Urban & Kasulu (Kigoma).
Sikika seeks to recruit a Head of Public Financial Management for its Dodoma Office with immediate effect:
Job Title: Head of PFM Programme
Location: Dodoma Duration: 1 year renewable
Number of positions: (1)
Reporting to: Director of Programmes
Job summary: Head of the PFM Programme will be a technically
competent individual giving guidance to the PFM team and ensuring that
the PFM Programme runs efficiently and effectively. S/He will be
responsible for conducting evidence-based advocacy on PFM, starting from
gathering evidence i.e. research activities stated in SIKIKA’s
Operational and Strategic Plan, and following up through dialogue with
various important stakeholders that aim to influence desired positive
change in the PFM system. The Head of the PFM Programme will also be
part of Sikika’s Senior Management team, and will be accountable for
responsibilities relating to this designation
• Oversee research on the drivers of voluntary non-tax compliance for
Local Government Authorities and identify measures to strengthen the
efficiency and effectiveness of local revenue administration
• Oversee the implementation of Sub National Open Budget Survey at council level
• Take lead role in conducting analysis of the intergovernmental
transfer system (Alignment of finances with the services to be provided,
adherence to allocation formulas, predictability of funding)
• Take lead role in analysis of financial oversight control for Local Government Authorities
• Take lead in preparation and implementation of dissemination and advocacy plan PFM publications
• Manage the strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation of all PFM programme activities.
• Produce quality work to fulfill donor requirement and facilitate fundraising.
• Manage the preparation and submission of the PFM programme’s annual
work plan and budget, periodic narrative progress reports and financial
reports as well as other reports that may be required.
• Attend all
statutory meetings including weekly staff meetings, general staff
meetings, management meetings, development partner meetings, and board
meetings in which you account for all PFM programme affairs and support
the organization’s strategic and operational management.
• Adhere to
all policies and procedures that promote efficient and effective
management of all organizational processes. Manage the development and
monitoring of policies and procedures that promote efficient and
effective management of programme or administrative processes.
Delegate responsibilities and resources to subordinate officers
according to clear and mutually agreed procedures and results (programme
• Monitor subordinate officers’ performance
and provide ongoing, constructive feedback to ensure that procedural
standards are followed and outputs are produced within agreed quality,
time, and costs requirements.
• Act as liaison between the organization and representatives of government institutions or partner organizations.
• Ensure that the PFM programme’s annual work plan is geared towards achieving realistic intermediate outcomes of programme.
• Ensure efficiency, relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of all PFM programme activities.
• Control the preparation of the PFM programme’s cash flow plans and ensure proper accountability of transactions.
• Control timely activity implementation and financial accountability
of expenditures. Effective Budget Vs. actual analysis and immediate
corrective actions on variances.
• Account for performance during the performance appraisal.
• Control the production of accurate procurement plans for all PFM
programme activities. Control all programme’s contracts prepared by the
• Promote the organization’s visibility, branding and credibility.
• Under the approval of the Executive Director, represent the PFM
programme at media events. Ensure timely feedback to boundary partners.
• Academic background in Public Finance (Masters degree in Economics, Finance or Political Science
• Profound knowledge of the Tanzanian tax system and Tanzanian tax policies
• Substantial experience working with government entities in areas such
as tax policy and administration, revenue mobilization, tax compliance
and other public finance topics.
• Excellent written English skills and the ability to analyze evaluate and summarise critically in written English.
• Prior working experience with CSO’s and research institutes in Tanzania is preferred.
• Good communication skills at all levels
If you think you are suitable for this job, we encourage you to send:
a) A one-page cover letter explaining why you believe that your competencies and experiences are suitable for this job
b) An updated CV that includes your contact details and names and contacts of 3 references
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates. Send your application by 31st November, 2018 to: The Human Resources & Administration Manager at Sikika by email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.J2