Published by Ajira Zetu tz on Saturday, November 3, 2018
AKF is looking for a top-quality professional with unquestionable integrity to take on the role of Country Finance Manager (CFM). This position is part of AKFT’s core management team that would provide the successful candidate with an exciting opportunity to oversee and shape financial and grant management of the Foundation’s portfolio in Tanzania. The position is responsible for strategic and day to day management of the Finance functions for the Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania.
Position title: Quality Assurance Co-ordinator, Economic Inclusion
Reports to: Manager, Economic Inclusion
Do you have a Monitoring and Evaluation background?
Are you experienced in the economic and agricultural development sector?
Do you have a passion for project quality, donor compliance and delivery of impact to communities?
Do you enjoy measuring change, capturing and sharing learning, project planning, report writing, and tracking progress of projects?
Are you interested in putting these diverse skills and interests to use in an exciting new position supporting AKF’s economic inclusion portfolio comprising agricultural value chain development, micro-small and medium enterprise development, and financial inclusion with the aim of empowering women, youth and rural communities?
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (102+ POSTS
If yes, then this position is for you.
AKF Tanzania is searching for a dynamic Quality Assurance Co-ordinator (QAC) for its Economic Inclusion portfolio. The QAC is part of AKF Tanzania’s country team and will work under the supervision of the Program Manager, Economic Inclusion to support monitoring, evaluation, research and learning, coordinate grants through project tracking, ensure quality donor reporting, co-ordinate communications, ensure compliance, and support proposal development for new projects. The current economic inclusion portfolio includes 6 projects funded by a range of bi- and multi-lateral donors and foundations in the following areas:
Specific Responsibilities include:
1. Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning
• Support M&E staff in Economic Inclusion projects outside southern Tanzania (currently Morogoro and Arusha programmes):
o Ensure that tools, systems, capacities and resources are in place to implement the project PMFs and report on agreed indicators;
o Support M&E Officers to design M&E frameworks and systems in order to ensure efficient and effective tracking of progress against project activities, outputs and outcomes;
o Ensure the quality of required assessments, qualitative and quantitative studies and surveys and output monitoring to track progress of projects.
o Facilitate M&E Officers to support project managers in the use of M&E outputs for planning and management;
o Provide technical supervision to M&E staff and mentor them, ensuring capacity building needs are met.
• Ensure production of high quality reports for the six Economic Inclusion donors and AKF management, and documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt;
• Co-ordinate AKF Tanzania’s annual AKDN global reach reporting;
• Support project teams to produce quality communications/learning materials and ensure quality of end pieces;
• Lead on the organisation of periodic learning/dissemination events
2. Grants Management and Compliance:
• Support the Program Manager, Economic Inclusion to ensure high quality grant management and compliance of donor grants on agriculture value chains and economic inclusion;
• Identify and address grant compliance issues with the relevant departments within AKF, team members and grantee and collaborate to ensure these are overcome;
• Coordinate with the field office project teams, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team, and finance to ensure timely production and submission of high quality narrative donor reports, work plans, and any other necessary documents;
• Work with partners, M&E and field teams, to develop high quality reports, workplans and project documents;
• Organise and coordinate project review meetings to track progress and follow up on critical issues together with different units (Finance, M&E, Procurement);
• Manage the grant tracking system and coordinate a quarterly meeting of the country level programmes team to critically assess progress and issues;
• Centralise and manage grants and partner contracts.
3. Resource Mobilisation:
• Support the Program Manager, Economic Inclusion to develop high quality programmes and proposals to raise funds for continued impactful programming;
• Keep abreast of the economic landscape in Tanzania and trends in rural economic development, youth inclusion, women’s economic empowerment, innovation for financial inclusion, including government policy changes and development discourse.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (102+ POSTS
The following qualifications and experience are required:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agriculture, Business, Development, Statistics, M&E, or similar. Post-graduate degree preferred
• Knowledge of economic development, market systems development, agriculture value chains and gender equality
• At least five years of solid experience working on donor-funded agriculture value chain, enterprise development or related projects
• At least five years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of rural development programmes, at least three of these in agriculture and market development
• Knowledge of Results-Based Management (RBM), including how to develop logic models and how to develop SMART indicators
• Demonstrated ability in design and implementation of quantitative surveys and qualitative studies
• Experience of writing narrative progress reports, work plans, and project implementation plans for donor-funded projects
• Demonstrated capacity to write well and communicate well in English
• Experience of working with development partners, especially donors, government and private sector
• Ability to multi-task and work on tight timelines
• Strong co-ordination skills
• Capacity to pay attention to detail
• Ability to travel to remote field locations
Country Finance Manager
The position is responsible for strategic and day to day management of the Finance functions for the Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania.
Reporting to: Country Director.
Key Responsibilities include: Manage organisation’s assets and finances, legal risks, statutory and donor compliance, manage donor and statutory audits, oversee grant financial management and grant financial reporting and compliance to donors, provide financial information and analysis to management for strategic and day to day decision making to ensure compliance, efficiency and effectiveness in AKFT’s programs. Country Finance manager will manage the finance team in both Country office and field offices and act as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and or Accounting with five years in senior roles. Professional qualification – CPA or ACCA or CIMA will be an addended advantage.
• Demonstrated experience of working with consortiums, international multilateral and bilateral donors is a must.
• Demonstrated experience in budgeting process from end to end in a multi-donor environment is a must
• Work experience in an international development organization is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the preparation and supervision of annual financial accounts.
• Experience in preparation and supervision of both annual external audits, internal grant reviews and donor audits is a must.
• Excellent organizational, inter-personal and communications skills.
• Working knowledge of information technology and its applications in office settings.
• Ability to demonstrate effective managerial and leadership skills;
• Strong sense of responsibility, professionalism and thoroughness.
Candidates interested in these career opportunity should submit the cover letter explain why are the best suited for the particular position, CV (Note exceeding 4 pages) and the names and contact information of 3 professional referees by 17th November 2018 to The Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation Tanzania, by email to email@example.com. Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).
Label: TREANDING JOBS