Recruiter: Canon Andrea Mwaka International School
Location: Dodoma Tanzania, East Africa
Salary: Local Allowance +Accommodation
Closing Date: 10 April 2019
Ref: English, Maths, and Science Teachers
Industry: Schools, Secondary Teaching
Job Level: Experienced (non manager)
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Permanent (two years)
Education Level: Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
Canon Andrea Mwaka School is a Christian International school based in Dodoma, the capital city of Tanzania in East Africa. We are a nursery, primary and secondary school combined as a single community with students from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We are a school that depends on service minded teachers.
We are seeking a faithful and committed teacher to coordinate the teaching of Chemistry and Physics across the secondary school up to IGCSE level and possibly to A level in the future.
Keeping in line with our forward-looking approach, we are seeking candidates who will add value to our efforts in pursuit of excellence and relevance in all areas of our work.
Reporting to the Academic Head of Department, the teacher will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of lessons for the respective subject area in accordance with the Cambridge IGCSE and Advanced Level curriculum.
- Plan and deliver lessons for subjects and levels assigned, ensuring suitable and appropriate pitching of content while referring to the main curriculum framework developed by the school’s high school curriculum team(s).
- Develop and administer appropriate assessments for monitoring student learning and achievement as required by the programme’s internal assessment structures, and international examination boards requirements.
- Assign and mark student work, setting appropriate targets that suit each student’s rate and pace of learning within level and course requirements.
- Provide consultation sessions to students to support their learning as required and stipulated by the programme’s assessment structure.
- Record and review student performance through regular analysis of student assessment data, providing timely and appropriate intervention.
- Class Mentor to an assigned class of students.
- Provide Class Mentor group with appropriate academic advice and social-emotional support as they progress into next levels of education.
- Bachelor’s degree and appropriate teaching qualification;
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience as a class or subject teacher;
- Are looking for an opportunity to unlock your creativity to provide exciting, current and relevant learning experiences to improve the learning and life chances of our children;
- Are willing and able to contribute to extra-curricular activities in a wide variety of ways;
- Are enthusiastic, highly motivated, with a strong commitment to excellence;
- Are keen to help children develop as individuals;
- Enjoy new experiences, including interacting with new people and situations;
- Are a team-player who is at ease in multi-cultural and multi-national settings;
- Have a positive attitude towards change and innovation;
- Are fully proficient in the English language.
- Someone who can embrace the Christian ethos of the school.
- Someone who is committed to work at the school for at least 2 years.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (29+ POSTS
- A salary in the local currency;
- A two-year contract (renewable by mutual agreement).
- Flights to and from your home country or point of recruitment every 2 years.
- Fully furnished free accommodation.
- In-service professional development.
- An opportunity to work alongside dedicated, multi-national and professional members of staff.
- A friendly environment of teachers and pupils who enjoy school life.
- Small classes (not above 20) of keen students from varied backgrounds.
- A loving, Christian, ethos that shapes life across the school.
- An opportunity to shape the lives of individuals, equipping them to serve the nation of Tanzania in years to come.