Communications and Visitor Coordinator
Posted by The Small Things Inc | East Haven, CT
Deadline December 31, 2018
Location: Nkoaranga, Arusha, TZ
About this organization: The Small Things is a dynamic community based organisation operating at the grass roots level in the Meru District of Tanzania. Our actions are predicated on the belief that the best way to help a child, is to support the community in which they live and to this effect, we offer a variety of family preservation and reunification services aimed to empower and strengthen families, so that they can reclaim their children from residential care.
Read Also:We are currently seeking a Communications and Visitor Coordinator to manage our visitor program here in Nkoaranga and act as the face of our organisation both on the ground and digitally.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (46+ POSTS
Social Impact Tour Growth and Management (40%)
• Assemble and analyze relevant visitor data, and prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, and other reports as requested, detailing all visitor and social impact activities
• Ensure visitor performance targets are met and tracked via the development and implementation of a broad system of departmental performance metrics, reports, and tracking systems
• Manage and continue to develop TST social impact tours full cycle and serve as primary point of contact for all external/internal stakeholders
• Research, identify and send out communications to potential impact partners. Nurture and convert all qualified leads
• Onboard all potential partners and manage communication channels between partners, guests, remote staff and local staff
• Implement creative ways to improve our partner relationships, site tours and guest experience
• Develop and manage on site guest accommodation component of site tours with support from Deputy Director
• Assist Development team with post visitor communication and stewardship
• Provide all major donors and visitors personalised tour with full orientation
Volunteer Coordination (20%)
• Set up logistics for all individual volunteers, visitors and school groups who come to TST, including making budgets and creating itineraries
• Manage all incoming volunteer and intern applications through recommended advertisement channels. Measure channel success and make recommendations on best use of resources.
• Manage volunteer officer and ensure all volunteer experiences run smoothly
• Source and enable the provision of the day care programme, and social work interns-recruiting volunteers when necessary and appropriate from abroad
• Note: Direct management of volunteers’ day to day work activities will be provided by relevant program staff, and volunteer assistant. You are only responsible for pre communication and conversion.
Social Media and Marketing (40%)
• Create and manage communication strategy and best practice guide book for marketing and publicizing impact tours to targeted clientele for best ROI
• Manage all social media channels and optimize TST digital presence and reach, hitting specific targets for engagement and client /sponsor / visitor/ donor conversion
• Assist team with copy editing documents as needed
• Produce quarterly newsletter with support from team
• Work with volunteer assistant to ensure content is being collected on daily basis for social media posts
• Support scheduling of speaking engagements, and assist partners in promoting events
• Monitor and log incoming communication and media coverage