The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families
Read Also:Position Details
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (58+ POSTS
Job title: Data Quality Advisor HIS
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Health Information System
Job Grade: 6
The Data Quality advisor is responsible for scrutiny and quality of the program’s monitoring and evaluation data collection and reporting systems. S/he provides support to HIS unit in developing the data quality plan to record, collect, clean, analyze and report the data used to measure the program’s key performance indicators. S/he will be responsible for developing and operationalizing data quality check tools and systems to ensure data quality and consistency across and between facility and national level data recording, reporting and visualization systems. He/She will be required to travel in Tabora, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida on occasional basis to support field teams in data quality issues.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
Work together with SI team and other program staff in EGPAF supported regions to:
1. Manage the recording and reporting systems and data visualization program dashboard to ensure quality data is entered and reported.
2. Provides on-going consultation and technical assistance to HIS officers in the country and field office regarding data quality gaps.
3. Ensure the data quality control through a data validation plan, data queries, programming consistency checks and data cleaning as well as through coding and harmonizing of information
4. Develop excellent working relationship across HIS, informatics, evaluation and QI units to build data governance and resolve data questions / issues.
5. Establish processes and standards to improve data governance and data quality across the organization.
6. Define and undertake appropriate data review schedules at all levels and systems.
7. Proactively identify potential data issues and downstream impact of system changes.
8. Track all data governance and data quality issues, resolutions, and consistently publish their status to all levels.
9. Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics and Health Informatics. Master’s Degree in Data Management, Public Health or medical background will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of three years’ experience at a similar position in HIV care and treatment or other public health programs.
Technical Skill Requirements
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite and database management systems (SQL Server, access etc).
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors or omissions
• Good problem solving including research, error detection, root cause analysis, error correction, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Refined written and verbal communication skills that enable effective communication to non-technical audiences.
Personal Skill Requirements
• Initiative, Self-motivated, Flexibility, confidentiality, team player, creative and proactive mind in the implementation of new ideas
• Ability to resolve problems and find best solutions in data quality.
• Ability to plan and prioritize own work and adapt to changes in technology.
• Ability to manage multiple Projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is essential and the candidate would need to adopt a systematic and logical approach to spot anomalies and sampling / data errors and be able to successfully resolve them
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
HOW TO APPLY;
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai kibaki Road, Morocco
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 8th December, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.J2