Project Assistant / Program Assistant Job at SHOPS Plus Tanzania
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHhOPS Plus) is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health, which began in September 2015. The primary goal of the project is to improve health outcomes and contribute to the achievement of major global efforts, especially Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths, AIDS-free Generation, and FP2020. The private sector is integral to the health system and an important provider of priority health care services. To improve health outcomes and meet these global commitments, SHOPS Plus will strategically engage the private sector.
Read Also:SHOPS Plus in Tanzania will increase the use of priority health services for FP, HIV, and malaria by strengthening the capacity of the private sector to provide quality health products and services, improving the enabling environment for private sector provision of health products and services, and improving ownership of total market approaches within Tanzanian institutions.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (84+ POSTS
The Program Assistant will support the Operations Manager in the implementation of SHOPS Plus activities in the country. This position focuses on administrative responsibilities to make sure the program runs efficiently.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Operations Manager in the implementation of project activities, including production of work plans and progress reports, scopes of work for trips, supporting logistics for short-term technical assistance, and procuring goods and services needed for project activities according to USAID regulations
- Supports administrative needs of the team including note-taking and dissemination for team meetings and calls, organizing project documents and project files
- Establishes and maintain the master shared file for the project
- Oversees the logistics, preparation and coordination of training workshops, meetings and other project events. Assists in preparing materials for workshops and meetings
- Maintains documents that track progress of the activities
- Contribute to the M&E systems, especially by inputting and maintaining data into the project database, under the supervision of a Sr. Program Officer
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years’ experience
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Administrative experience working on USAID-funded projects/programs and knowledge of USAID financial and contractual requirements, protocols and US government regulations
- Experience problem-solving and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili
- ( 4+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience