Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program Coordination Unit
Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project
VACANCY: Legal Specialist
Background: The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is a partnership of the riparian states of the Nile River. The NBI seeks to develop the river basin resources in a cooperative manner, share substantial socioeconomic benefits, and promote regional peace and security. Within the framework of the NBI, the Governments of Burundi, Rwanda, and Tanzania have received financial support from various donors for implementation of the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project (RRFHP), conceived as part of the Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program (NELSAP).
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (25+ POSTS
The agreed project implementation management arrangements consist of a Council of Ministers responsible for Energy in those countries; a Rusumo Power Company Limited (RPCL) Board of Directors consisting of seven members (two from each of the partner states and one Independent), a Project Steering Committee (PSC) consisting of senior officers from electricity utilities and ministries responsible for energy in each country; and a Project Implementation Unit (PILI) at NELSAP led by a Project Manager. The project is financed by the World Bank.
The objective of the Assignment:
The overall objective is to ensure effective legal advice of CP-1 (Civil Engineering Works Contract), CP-2 (Electromechanical Works Contract) and Consultancy Contract for Owner’s Engineer (OE) all financed by the World Bank in close coordination with the Project Manager of NELSAP-PILT and as part of the team led by Project Manager.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor of Laws with a minimum of 10 years broad regional or international experience in contracts management of large infrastructure projects. Other relevant qualifications like Bachelor of Science in Engineering is also acceptable.
- A Master’s Degree or postgraduate qualification in legal aspects pertaining to project and contract management would be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in procurement and contract implementation through the use, application, and interpretation of FIDIC form of contract is essential.
- Proven experience in the implementation of Large Construction Contracts involving Design Supply Installation, and commissioning of Plant and equipment, financed by Multilateral funding agencies such as the World Bank would be an added advantage.
- Regional experience of Africa on similar projects would be an added advantage
- Proven experience in the implementation of trans-boundary projects will be an added advantage,
- High level of proficiency in English is a must.
Interested candidates should submit their electronic application addressed to the NELSAP Regional Coordinator through the following e-mail adrdress firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com and should attach;
A cover letter with statement on applicant’s interest in the given assignment and suitability based on the given TOR
Curriculum Vitae (CV) including date of birth and nationality (Recommended CV Format Attached)
An affidavit of good health – Format attached
Copies of academic & professional training certificates
The subject of the email should be ‘ Legal Specialist and the candidate name ’. Deadline for submission is on 23rd November 2018 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) can be accessed on the following websites; http://nelsap.nilebasin.org and www.rusumoproject.org.
Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short-listed for the interview will be contacted.J2