Job Title: DriverOrganization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Location: Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
Grade: SB-2 (SC3/SC4), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
Closing Date: 2018-11-20
The UN Joint Programme (JP) for Kigoma takes its base in the UNDAP II, the UN Development Assistance Plan for Tanzania, but also the Sustainable Development Goals and the Great Lakes Regional Framework strategy, as well as the Tanzania Government's 5-year plan and the regional priorities for Kigoma.
The JP consists of the 6 themes of energy and sustainable environment, youth and women's economic empowerment, violence against women and children, education with a focus on girls and adolescent girls, WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) and agriculture and being implemented mainly in Kakonko, Kibondo, Kasulu DC, Kasulu TC AND Uvinza (for WASH and Agriculture). The programme is currently being funded by Norwegian Government, KOICA and core funds from UN Agencies.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (49+ POSTS
The Program Area Development Coordinator has a small supporting team which consists of UN Coordination Analyst as well as two national UN Volunteers. UN Resident Coordinator’s office therefore seeks to recruit a driver who will support the coordination of the program as well as support agencies which are not based in the region. Under the guidance and supervision of the UN Area Development Coordinator the driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The driver will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Availability of documents/supplies.
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by:
- Driving office vehicles for transport of UN officials and visitors;
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Supporting UN officials and visitors on administrative and logistical issues,
- Provision of reliable, timely and secure driving services by:
(b) delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items to authorized personnel,
(c) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, facilitating customs and/or immigration formalities when/as required
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of lyres, brakes, car washing.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Provision of administrative and logistical services when and as required.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 1: Assesses work with critical eye
Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 1: Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work
Ability to improve performance and satisfactionLevel
1: Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Level 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services;
Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education supplemented with a Certificate from a Technical/Vocational School. Valid driving license – Class “C”.
- Minimum three years’ work experience as a driver in a recognized institution with a safe driving record,
- Adept in national driving rules and regulations;
- Skills in minor vehicle repair and mechanics;
- Basic computer literacy as an added advantage;
- Experience with UN or diplomatic or Government organizations is an added advantage;
- Experience in the rural areas in Tanzania region is an added advantage.
- Language Requirements:
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.