Location: Dar es Salaam
On Behalf of a reputable Client, Melva International limited is urgently looking for a
high-performing Accountant who will be responsible for the application of accounting
principles, theories, concepts, and practices to a variety of accounting issues and
transactions in order to provide accounting documentation, and reports that accurately
reflect current and projected financial position.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (88+ POSTS
- Analyzes financial information, makes journal entries and determines the most effective means of handling accounting transactions.
- Prepares and maintains accounting records for the Company and projects, including but not limited to accounts receivables, accounts payable, cash disbursements, journal entries for transactions not involving cash receipts or disbursements, prepared by client” schedules, accounting records for the annual audit and paperwork which supports all entries to the Company’s accounting journals, ledgers, etc.
- Prepares deposits for check and cash payments received.
- Records deposits (check receipts) from all sources.
- Performs reconcilements of accounting records to general ledger. Prepares financial statements and other accounting reports which accurately reflect the financial position of the company.
- Reviews accounting documents for accuracy, clarity, and compliance with Company policies and procedures, accounting standards and relevant laws and regulations.
- Administers the accounts payable function to include:
- Recording approved invoices
- Preparing checks for invoice payments
- Preparing checks and invoices for approval
- Disbursing approved and signed checks, etc.
- Serves as accounting advisor to senior management.
- Provides guidance and assistance to lower level professional accounting positions.
- Performs additional tasks or responsibilities as assigned by the management.
- In – Bank Records
- Follow up on Collections
- VAT Returns, P.A.Y.E/SDL
- City Service Levy tax
- Prov. Tax
- Invoicing &Payrolls
- Bank Reconciliation
- Updating Journals
- Weekly plan report
- Cash flow reports
- Management Reports\Bank Transfers
- Petty cash expenses reports
- Writing Cheques
- Degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of finance principles
- Knowledge of local laws regarding finances and taxation
- Technical accounting skills
- 2-3 years of experience
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills initiative
- Team work
Candidates with the above qualifications should send their CVs to
Email: email@example.com by 30 th November 2018.
Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted. J2