As Managing Director Tanzania, based in Arusha, you will be the driver for the strategic and operational business development of Mobisol Tanzania. In this key role you will have the overall responsibility to lead Mobisol Tanzania into a future of solid and profitable growth. Being part of the global senior management team, you will be responsible for:
Business Strategy: own the development of an innovative sales and marketing strategy to cement Mobisol as the leading player in the off grid energy market in Tanzania
Business Growth: grow product and credit sales through existing and new channels via continuous improvement of our sales and service structures in the region
Business Development: represent Mobisol in the sector and lobby its interests, identify market trends and have a keen eye on the competitive landscape. Lead the development of Mobisol Tanzania to achieve an exceptionally high-performing organisation.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (105+ POSTS
Business Performance: ensure that there is a results driven focus throughout Mobisol Tanzania and set an example from the top through a dynamic and relentless focus on achieving targets.
P&L, cash and quality responsibility: ensure that financial targets are achieved and that resources are used efficiently and that the budget is managed in line with company goals.
The position offers you the chance to build and shape the Tanzanian future of a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive a competitive performance based salary and an attractive benefit package.
- Must have a degree, probably an MBA, or comparable
- Ability to run a business and coordinate functions successfully, proven track record
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a leading business development role (with strong experience in sales and marketing) with a proven track record in at least two B2C companies
- Sales orientation: track record of pitching products and driving sales in B2C markets
- Ideally experience in the renewables/off-grid solar sector or technology/IT industry
- Other sectors to be considered: electronic hardware retailing, appliances, other consumer goods, especially FMCG, mobile e-commerce, mobile phones and possibly retail banking
- Good understanding of the B2B market in East Africa
- Understanding of (and a plus if experience of) extending and managing credit to customers
- Likely to have international experience – having worked outside Tanzania and/or for an international company operating in Tanzania
- Strong understanding of different potential distribution channels in Tanzania
- Understanding and experience of a cross-country shared services, best practice approach
- Excellent understanding of controlling and accounting, capability to analyse and act on financial statements
- Experienced in developing and managing annual business plan and budget and delivering regular performance reports
- Professional business English, with Kiswahili language stills as an additional asset.
- Strong understanding of different potential distribution channels in East Africa including last-mile distribution (direct-to-customer).
- Strong, credible and motivating leadership style - set clear priorities and follow-up to make sure these are achieved
- Able to establish a good professional and personal relationship with the local population
- Should have a level-headed approach towards working in the market
- Must be affable: should establish a positive, inclusive and conducive working environment
- Charisma: track record of making an impact and adding value across different teams
- Good relationship builder: source and sustain high level contacts in private and public sector
- Understand how to manage people in multicultural environment
- Entrepreneurial flair: must be resourceful
- Must be hands on and performance, target and KPI driven
- Able to work under pressure and strong drive to achieve challenging targets.