The job holder is responsible for production of new and renewal of existing business and other lines within the branch catchment. The job holder also takes overall accountability for the branch activities. The role reports to the Country Sales Manager.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (17+ POSTS
- Co-ordinate and supervise the branch staff and ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Meet the various revenue targets as agreed on from time to time with respect to new business and renewal retention.
- Ensure accurate and competitive quotations are prepared and are in compliance to minimum rates as published by TIRA.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with Brokers, Agents, Direct Sales Representatives and other channels and ensure excellent customer service to existing customers and prospective clients.
- Identify and develop new distribution outlets.
- Gather marketing intelligence statistics to facilitate development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage in the branch catchment area.
- Train intermediaries on the general insurance products.
- Oversee underwriting procedures in the branch to ensure sound acceptance of risk.
- Oversee claims procedures at the branch and guide clients and intermediaries appropriately.
- Ensure collection of premium as per credit control policy.
- General management and administration of the branch office
- Deliver on the performance requirements as defined by the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and personal scorecard.
- Premium collection
- Sales revenue
- Gross loss ratio
- Percentage of staff achieving targets
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members in Britam branches
Corporate Sales Executive
The job holder will be responsible for growth of revenues for the branch to meet set annual premium targets for the branch. The role will report to the Branch Manager.
- Secure new business directly or through intermediaries
- Service existing business and follow up to ensure renewal
- Maintain excellent customer service to intermediaries and direct clients
- Undertake initial underwriting in accordance with set guidelines to ensure sound acceptance of risk.
- Ensure payment of premiums before policy attaches.
- Follow up to ensure intermediaries are paid commissions timely and accurately.
- Recruit new Agents and Direct Sales Representatives
- Manage Agents and Direct Sales Representatives recruited through auditing of company stationaries.
- Train, coach and support new Agents and Direct Sales Representatives to achieve sales targets.
- Follow and adhere to underwriting guidelines and standards as communicated by Underwriting Manager from time to time
- Prepare weekly sales reports as required
- Guide and assist clients on claims processing
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the strategy map and personal scorecard.
- Achievement of production targets
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer retention
- Premium collection
- Accountable to the Branch Manager
- Required to liaise and work closely with Underwriting, Finance, Claims and other departments as may be necessary
Reviewing proposal forms, verifying client’s data, assessing the proposed risk within set standards, counterchecking the terms of the policy as well as reviewing the conditions of the policy. The role will report to the Assistant Underwriting Manager- Broking & Bancassurance.
- Assess the proposed risk within set standards
- Keep detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
- Review proposal forms
- Release policy documents, endorsements, valuation report to clients
- Communicate with clients on the renewal terms
- Maintain high standards of customer service - responding to clients enquiries; (brokers, telephone and emails)
- Liaise with brokers on issues relating to their policies
- Apply the credit control policy by ensuring that debit/credit notes raised are mailed and that they reach the brokers within the shortest time possible.
- Issue policy documents of general business
- Generate renewal notices for all renewal business
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Renewal retention ratio
- Claims ratio
- Customer turnaround time
- Debtors ratio
- Compliance to underwriting standards
Accountable to the Assistant Underwriting Manager-Broking & Bancassurance
Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE & APPLY J2