QR17366 – Reservations & Ticketing Agent | Qatar Airways | Dar Es Salaam
Organisation: Qatar Airways
Job Function: Commercial
Division: Dar-Es-Salaam – DAR
Employment Type:Full Time – Permanent
City:Africa | Tanzania | Dar-es-Salaam
Last date of application:10-Dec-2018
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role, you will provide full service-oriented professional reservations and ticketing service to all customers and travel businesses either through telephone calls or in person meeting in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and achieve budget revenue targets.• Makes and confirms reservations for passengers
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (45+ POSTS
• Arranges Reservations and routing for using timetable, airlines manuals, reference guides and tariff book and proper issuance of ATB for all types of ticketing transactions
• Assist mishandled passengers such as NOREC/DNB to reduce passenger complaints
• Issue tickets quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes
• Advise of changes in flight plan or to cancel passenger reservations
• Advise load control personnel and other stations of changes in passenger itinerary to control space and ensure utilization of seating capacity on flights.
• Initiate and promote QR product to generate the revenue
• Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/e-mail; action telex messages and authorities.
• Handle helpdesk-assist travel agents with seat confirmations: upgrade/downgrade proposals
• Issuance of MCO’s and refunds’ process lost tickets and time barred tickets
• Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books and computer
• Telephones customer or travel agents to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservations, as well as alternate available options
• Answer inquires made by travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines
To be successful in this role you must have a diploma or Associate degree or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an airline/travel industry. You will be service oriented with good interpersonal skills. Knowledge in IATA standard reservation/ticketing procedures is required with fair knowledge of world geography and have proven experience with the Amadeus reservation system.
Good interpersonal and communication skills in English along with knowledge of PC-based applications are also required.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate