RE-ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POST OF HTC FOCAL – HIV PREVENTION PROJECT IN CHUNYA AND SONGWE DISTRICTS
In order to implement successfully this project applications are invited from qualified persons to fill the following post in Chunya and Songwe districts;-
Voluntary Counseling Testing focal
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Read Also:Roles and Responsibilities:
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (66+ POSTS
• Provide technical leadership in the development of approaches and strategies for mobilizing partner organizations and communities for the establishment or strengthening of VCT strategies and activities;
• Liaise and consult regularly with the relevant authorities, partner organizations, community leaders and beneficiaries in relation to the planning, design and implementation of WRP and partner VCT activities;
• Implement integrated, innovative and gender sensitive interventions for the provision of comprehensive VCT services for vulnerable and key populations, youths in and out of school, and the general population;
• Collaborate with government technical staff to deliver high-quality VCT services;
• Provide on-going support through coaching, supervision visits and mentoring to project field team implementing VCT activities;
• Document, and disseminate knowledge and information regarding best practices, lessons learned within the project area;
• Ensure quality implementation, achievement of results for project activities.
• Provide sound advice at facility and community settings, and improve post-test referrals for all clients;
• Assist the project coordinator to develop annual work plans, budgets and reports for VCT activities;
• Prepare and submit timely VCT monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports;
• Travel within the district to ensure implementation and evaluation of service delivery.
• Liaise with the M&E Department to ensure that VCT components are functional (e.g. clarity of indicators, quality of M&E data collection tools, data quality and reporting).
• Develops and maintain good working relationships with other project staff, governmental and non-governmental, within the district;
• Provides monthly reports to the project coordinator;
• Perform any other assignment or duties that may be required to support the project
• First Degree or Diploma in Medical / Nursing /Public health or Counseling, psychology, or other HIV and AIDS related discipline.
• Knowledge and skills in organizing health campaigns including VCT is desirable
• At least one year of experience with VCT project;
• Knowledge of the current developments and best practices in the field of HIV and AIDS prevention, in Tanzania
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
• Ability to use standard software applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
• Good communication skills; ability to troubleshoot; ability to work independently and supervise others.
• 50% travel required and able to ride motorbike.
Successful candidates will get competitive salary and fringe benefits depending on entry qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Applications with detailed CVs and copies of relevant certificates must be accompanied by names of two referees with a valid contact telephone numbers, emails, fax and P. O. Box numbers.
The applications should be addressed to:
P. O. Box 204
Tel: +255 25 2580095. Cell: 0754 398342. Fax: 2580312.
Closing date for the submission of applications is 31st November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.J2