OverviewTerm: 1 year (renewable)
Years of Experience: 3+ relevant experience in an Accountant’s role
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Finance / Accounting or equivalent professional training
We seek to meet qualified professionals who can join our team in the position of Accountant.
The Officer will work closely with the General Manager to run the financial and administrative activities of the company and its subsidiaries. This will for a period of 1 year, renewable, and will be based in our Dar es Salaam offices.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (57+ POSTS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain accounting records for the company and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to accounts receivables, accounts payable, cash disbursements, journal entries for transactions not involving cash receipts or disbursements, “prepared by client” schedules, accounting records for the annual audit and paperwork which supports all entries to the Company’s accounting journals, ledgers, etc.
- To raise invoices and process all payments to suppliers as well as manage the petty cash
- To prepare Monthly MIS and also prepare and run monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports which accurately reflect the financial position of the company.
- To perform variance analysis of budget vs. actuals; cash flow projections; business analytics; and cash management assessments
- To process, receive and keep in proper custody all finance and company returns and information from regulators including TRA, BRELA etc
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems and tools to improve financial analysis and management processes.
- Performs additional tasks or responsibilities as assigned by the management
Other requirements include:
- Must be proficient with English and Swahili languages in both spoken and written.
- MS Office, specifically MS Excel and Tally knowledge compulsory, MYOB preferable
- Vast knowledge of international accounting standards is compulsory
- Working experience in the microfinance industry or work experience in a “Big 4” Audit firm is preferable.
- Experience working with local government and regulatory authorities in Tanzania;
- Mature person with excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills; problem solving skills, teamwork skills, analytical skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to gather, evaluate and present information effectively to employees, management and a Board of Directors and make actionable recommendations;
- Strong written and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to think conceptually and deal decisively with practical matters in a proactive manner that reduces financial risk to the organization;
- Proven ability and willingness to work independently, prioritize and hold oneself accountable;
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions: Willingness to work additional hours during critical reporting periods.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above criteria, we look forward to meeting you, please send your CV and cover letter (1-page maximum) to: email@example.com
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in Tanzania. at the time of application.J2