For over 60 years, World Education Inc Bantwana Division has catalyzed social change and improved lives through community development and capacity building initiatives in over 20 countries. Launched in 2006, World Education’s Bantwana Initiative has become a leader in fostering high quality, comprehensive service delivery for vulnerable communities. Currently, WEI is implementing Waache Wasome, a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) aimed at increasing adolescent girls’ enrollment and retention in secondary schools. Visit our websites to learn more about our work and programs at www.bantwana.org and www.worlded.org. World Education, Inc. now invites applications from suitably, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
POSITION: Data Specialist
REPORT TO: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
LOCATION: Arusha (with frequent travels to the district, ward, and villages)
The Data Specialist will assist the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor in ensuring the effective functioning of the Project Data management system both manual and electronic at all levels of the project. S/he will devise and implement various data quality assurance measures to promote data demand and use. S/he will provide support to the Technical Director and all senior technical Staff in updating Waache Wasome MEL Plan and internal systems to collect, aggregate, report and analyze data used to measure the project’s key performance indicators and improvements in service delivery. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the collection and reporting of high-quality bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly data for accountability and project monitoring.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (27+ POSTS
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Review, analyze, and validate project data to ensure and maintain consistency, integrity and accuracy based on project specific guidelines; collaborate with M & E Advisor, conduct routine data quality assessments and improve the data management system for high quality data, build the capacity of volunteers, sub grantees and teachers in data collection, reporting, management and use at site level through trainings and onsite TA visits, collaborate with M & E Advisor, document and disseminate to all levels M&E related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); ensure all data sources are well updated, validated and checked for consistencies in compliance with project M&E SOPs, participate in updating the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) for the Waache Wasome Project as per USG reporting requirements, develop data collection tools and enforce proper data collection procedures, analyze project routine data to monitor project performance against targets, establish performance trends and provide timely feedback to the technical team for decision making, work with M&E Advisor to compile and report quarterly, semiannual and annual performance data report in USAID/Tanzania Performance Reporting System for Waache Wasome Project in Tanzania, respond to internal and external data requests as needed, provide IT support to school and district field offices to ensure computers used to store Waache Wasome project related data are functional which include hardware and software.
Required Skills & Qualifications: Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications; 3-5+ years’ experience in data management; monitoring and evaluation of education and community project; Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, demography, Education, monitoring and evaluation or related field; Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions; Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Proficiency in English and Kiswahili (written/spoken) a must. Knowledge of USG and other donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume workflow; Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems.
POSITION: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
REPORT TO: Country Director/Chief of Party
LOCATION: Arusha (with frequent travels to the District, Ward and Villages)
The MEL Advisor will primarily provide technical assistance in setting up/managing an MEL system that supports effective management and collaborative and strategic learning across project teams, partners, clients/donors and stakeholders. The MEL Advisor will be supervised and reporting to the Country Director/Chief of Party and is a member of the core project management team. S/he will work in close collaboration with staff across functional teams.
Expected Outcomes: MEL systems put in place to gather and analyze high-quality data and High-quality MEL data collected, analyzed, and utilized to inform project operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make operational decisions and manages the various components of the project dealing with MEL;
- Develop/Update the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress;
- Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members;
- Manage project data using web-based MEL database system (Field link Tanzania);
- Ensure data quality applying a range of mechanisms and data verification procedures including staff training on MEL best practices, triangulating sources and methods as well as performing routine data quality audits;
- Lead writing of quarterly technical reports; including creating dashboards for real-time monitoring and feedback;
- Ensure MEL integration into learning and continuous improvement – facilitate learning sessions with the project team, partners, client and stakeholders to support adaptive management;
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in project approaches and scale-up.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in social sciences, Gender, international development, evaluation research, demography, Education, statistics, or a related field;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities; Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in a MEL role on a community, USAID/PEPFAR or education program; Knowledge of USG and other donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage a high volume workflow;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Previous experience working in the region and on community or education programs is desirable but not required;
- Experience working in Pakistan is highly desirable, but not required;
- Fluency in English is required.
Mode of Application:
Submit your application letter, resume, capacity statement, contact information and names of three references to be sent to World Education lnc./(WEI) no later than 1700hrs on Monday the 15th November, 2018. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered. The application should be addressed to: Country Director, World Education lnc./(WEI), P. O. Box. 6234, ARUSHA, TANZANIA. OR send the application through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org WEI is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply.
We also encourage Tanzanians living and working abroad in the diaspora to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted