A lodge in Arusha is looking for a reservations and office agent who will be in charge of reservations, providing customer service and selling the hotel’s services and products. He/She will be in charge of assisting customers with the planning and the booking aspect of their stay.
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all external customers and in-house guests in order to anticipate their needs.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
- Process reservations in a timely manner.
- Receive and answer company phone calls in a timely and polite manner.
- Handle daily correspondence. Respond to enquiries and make reservations as needed in a timely and polite manner.
- Prepare the expected arrival list (Managers’ organizer).
- Know the type of rooms available, their location and layout.
- Know the Terms & Conditions of Sale applicable to each customer (including rates and payment plans).
- Communicate reservation information to the front desk.
- Process cancellations and modifications; promptly relay this information to the front desk.
- Understand the hotel’s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Assist all departments in being receptive to guests needs.
- Be aware of all Front Office procedures and assist with reception duties when required.
- Help develop room revenue.
- Give personal recognition to guests.
- Provide feedback from guests to managers.
- Anticipate guests needs, handle guest queries and solve problems.
- Update and help maintain accurate Guest Data.
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Be willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other area of the hotel.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Participate in regular appraisal meetings.
- Identify a programme of personal training and development.
- Participate in evaluation processes, reviewing personal development against achievement of Business Objectives.
Read Also:Minimum Qualifications
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (24+ POSTS
- English language proficiency
- Five years work experience in the hospitality industry
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Effective communications skills both verbal and non-verbal
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Foreign language is a bonus