At Asoko, we are tackling one of Africa’s biggest business challenges: affordable access to reliable company data. In our four years of existence, we have gathered unique data-sets on thousands of robust, African companies using technology, partnerships, and in-country research teams. We now serve some of the continent’s most reputable investment firms, global corporates, professional advisories, and African companies. We’re VC-backed, the first mover and rapidly progressing on our ambition to be the corporate map for Africa. See here for more details.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (35+ POSTS
The Asoko Operations Analyst drives the capture of data essential to Asoko’s market research, analysis and coverage. Operations Analysts are expected to work across all industry sectors in a market, establishing access to on-the-ground contacts and sources in multiple institutions with the ability to obtain valuable data sets that will be leveraged in various Asoko propositions.
Generic Data Aggregation: Operations Analysts will look to continuously discover and validate valuable sources of data on companies, sectors and markets that can complement the Asoko proposition. Sources can include, but are not limited to government institutions, regulatory bodies, industry groups, credit reference bodies, audit firms, NGOs, financial services institutions, industry event organisers and industry analysts/experts.
Research and Project Support: Operations Analysts will work with Research Analysts and other colleagues to conduct in-depth research into specific industry sub-sectors, gathering data sets on leading companies, sectors, value chains, output and policy. Analysts are expected to provide rapid turnaround on data and contacts needed for such projects and to support project management in establishing and keeping to challenging delivery timelines.
Relationship Management: Analysts are expected to develop strong relationships within key institutions with key stakeholders to facilitate rapid data acquisition as and when required.
- Timeliness in handling data requests - consistently deliver above expectation
- Creativity - Ability to think “Out of the Box” and conduct rigorous and effective searches to meet data needs
- Breadth and effectiveness of contacts within institutions in securing required data sets
- Contacts within companies and Industry Stakeholder bodies: tactical relationships to enable rapid retrieval of valuable corporate information
- Key government institutions, Regulators and Ecosystem Partners: Tactical relationships to extend Asoko data and research capability
- Operations: Research Analysts and Data Services teams
- Editorial: collaborative production of analytics reports - eg: country maps
- Sales and Business Development: support activities at partner events, development of leads
- Product and Technology:
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with a highly distributed team.
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively, handle unstructured challenges and tenacity
- Experience with and passion for corporate ecosystem
Nice to haves:
- Business Administration or related fields
- Already established contacts in
- Government institutions
- Financial Services
- Regulators and associated bodies
Strong training from experienced management, great career progression opportunities
Taking part in a dynamic and exciting startup that will transform access to corporate information in Africa