Job title: Quality Improvement Officer
Immediate Supervisor: Quality Improvement Manager
Job grade: 5
The Quality Improvement Officer (QIO), a member of the Strategic
Information and Evaluation (SIE) team, supports and coordinates the
implementation of high quality QI initiatives following the EGPAF’s
quality improvement plan and the national QI framework. The QIO will
provide on-going support to EGPAF-supported regions, districts and sites
in the form of training, meeting facilitation, mentoring, and data
verification and translation for reporting. The QIO will also support
program evaluation and “optimization” initiatives, as part of EGPAF’s
standard Program Optimization Approach priorities and work plan.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (88+ POSTS
Essntial Duties and Key Responsibilities
Implementation of QI
• Provide implementation support to EGPAF-supported sites in QI.
• Provide ongoing monitoring, data verification and mentoring of QI
projects at EGPAF-supported sites, in collaboration with national QI
• Collaborate with QIM and other QIO in developing QI tools, indicators, SOPs, and training curricula.
• Collaborate with MOHCDGEC and other IP stakeholders in adapting/operationalizing national QI guidelines and tools.
• In close collaboration with EGPAF central and field-based technical
staff, coordinate the collection, compilation and reporting all monthly
and quarterly QI data into standardized data systems.
• Prepare and present routine QI reports, and utilize QI data through dashboards.
• Lead and report on routine data quality assessments for QI projects.
• Promote QI approaches and problem solving principles within routine EGPAF work.
• Support EGPAF field-based staff in their capacity to apply QI
principles in routine supportive supervision; carry out regular
performance measurements at sites; analyze QI data; provide QI feedback
to site staff, CHMT and RHMT; and attend QI meetings at site level.
• Oversee site level training and efforts to build site capacity to
implement quality improvement activities, working in collaboration with
national QI trainers and appropriately trained EGPAF staff.
• Ensure regular quality improvement meetings take place at site-level
with the program officer responsible in attendance (reviewing data, flow
charts and setting/following up action plans through PDSA cycles) to
strengthen QI in existing health management structure.
• Facilitate/ Initiate improvisation of tested changes that will add value to the improvement of project performances
• Proactively seeks new knowledge and skills for personal growth and the
benefit of EGPAF (i.e. key business and program practices, monitoring,
reporting, program best practices, dissemination, etc.).
• Provide support to EGPAF’s program optimization approach (POA) as activities are implemented at district/site levels.
• Assume representational responsibilities (attend external meetings on behalf of EGPAF) when asked.
• Organize a successful reporting system, receive, review, analyze and
timely submit QI reports and QI project implementation reports
• Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
• A university degree in clinical medicine, nursing or equivalent.
• Three years’ work experience in public health (public sector)
programs, where HIV programs and /or prior work with an international
NGO is an advantage.
• Experience facilitating trainings, and providing on-site mentorship or
coaching to health providers (or equivalent service providers).
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Capacity and motivation to acquire new knowledge and skills in a short time.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and
Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness
• Ability to work at a high level with limited supervision and ability to work well as part of a team.
• High level of computer literacy defined by proficiency in the basic
Microsoft packages, and experience with data management and
visualization software (excel, access, Power BI).
• Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams (excellent
communication, negotiation, follow-up, and motivation skills, plus a
• Ability and willingness to travel 50-75% regionally.
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to
all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant
certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will
contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai kibaki Road, Morocco
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: November 9th 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.J2