Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) is an Autonomous Utility which was established under section 3(1) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as reviewed by section 60 of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No.12 of 2009. SHUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of potable clean water supply and sanitation services within Shinyanga municipality. SHUWASA performs its duties under the supervision of the Executive Board of Directors with functions and responsibilities well stipulated in the Water Works Ordinance and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Water and SHUWASA.
Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) is hereby advertising to the public invitations for applications from dynamic, energetic, dedicated, qualified, motivated, experienced and performance driven male and female Tanzanians to fill the following vacant Post: –
Read Also:INTERNAL AUDITOR
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (45+ POSTS
A successful candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director and shall perform his/her duties and responsibilities according to the international Auditing Standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To establish plans to carry out responsibilities of the Internal Audit unit.
- To ensure that internal audit resources are appropriate, sufficient and effectively employed to achieve the approved plan.
- Ensure reliability of data, information and reports furnished to management of SHUWASA for decision making plan and control.
- To ensure that operations of the Authority are in conformity with the approved Strategic and business plan.
- To examine the effectiveness of all levels of management in the stewardship of organization resources and their compliance and procedures. To recommend improvement of internal controls designed to safeguard the resources, promote SHUWASA’s growth and ensure compliance with government laws and regulations.
- To conduct special examinations at the request of management including the reviews of representation made by persons outside the organization.
- Ensure that the establishment management information system and other functional system are properly adhered by all departments
- To liaise with External Auditors and make a follow up on Auditors and recommendation on time.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director and Board of Directors.
- Holder of Degree in Finance or Accounting and who has CPA (T) or its equivalent and must be registered with NBAA as Authorized Auditor
- 5 years working experience as Auditor in a Government institution or Audit Firm at Supervisory Level
- Computer literacy, preferably in two or Accounting Software, HR Software and two or more billing Software,
- Age Limit – Not above 45
Competitive remuneration packages will be offered to the successful candidates basing on proven good track of records, qualifications, experience and interpersonal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you meet the above given criteria kindly comply with the following conditions;
Send a signed application letter with an update and detailed personal Curriculum Vitae showing age, present employer and position, current salary and other benefits, day time working telephone number, and names and contact addresses of three referees.
Applicant must attach their certified copies of their certificates.
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary and Advanced level education be verified by NECTA and Certificate from foreign Universities must be verified by TCU.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Presentation of forged certificate and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Application duly adhered on the above mentioned items should be received on or before 26th November, 2018.
Shinyanga Urban Water and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 298,
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within one month after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.J2