COMPANY PROFILEZambia Cargo & Logistics Limited (ZCL) is a multi-million-dollar international logistics Company operating a regional and global business. The Company recently changed its name to reflect the organization’s new mandate and new vision as per recently approved Strategic Plan for the next five years, i.e. 2016 to 2021.
The Company was established in April 2001. ZCL is a wholly owned state enterprise of the Government of the Republic of Zambia, supervised by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) based in Lusaka. The Company’s current corporate Head Office and its main operations center, Mukuba Depot, is located in Kurasini area, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania next to the Dockyard. ZCL recently incorporated a company in Zambia and current office is based in Ndola,
Hitherto, the Company has been handling mainly mineral cargo, especially copper, but over the years the Company has diversified its revenue base to include agriculturally related cargo and other general cargo. For a more comprehensive view of the Company, kindly visit the Zambia Cargo & Logistics website at www.zamcarao.co.tz.
Read Also:Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified people to fill the position as stated below:
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (44+ POSTS
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
- To be responsible for overseeing operations activities within and outside Mukuba depot which contribute to the effective production of services
- To be responsible for handling the total logistics chain of export and import activities for the Company’s Clientele.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining operations strategies to meet the agreed Company objectives within the framework,
- To develop a customer relationship management that seeks to improve Company’s service delivery.
- To assist the Director of Operations to develop and implement a Company-wide plan to offer excellent service to the clients, working with all departments for the smooth execution of operational activities.
- To assist the Director of Operations to develop an annual operations plan that fits into the overall short- and long-term objectives of the Company.
- To forester good working relationship with Customs Authorities and other Clearing and Forwarding agents in the industry.
- To prepare accurate daily and monthly operations reports and submit to the Director of Operations.
- To ensure implementation of the strategic plan to acquire high levels of productivity for the Company,
- To physically supervise areas of offloading and loading to ensure equitable allocation of machines to all areas of need from time to time.
- To play an advisory role to the Director of Operations on the improvement of overall performance of day to day operations.
- To ensure that occupational health and safety are adhered to in all workplaces
- Regulate the receipt and exit of all cargo, vehicles, and containers in accordance to the set standard operating procedures (SOP). Where this is not in place, the Operation Officer will work with the Director of Operations to effectively develop a relevant SOP to suit the business and work to ensure an excellent service offering to the clientele
- To perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Director of Operations,
SKILLS SPECIFICATION TO THE POST
- A promoter of Company core values
- Excellent Operational Skills
- Good Customer skills
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and a collaborative management style
- An innovative individual
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards at a diverse workplace.
- Customer service skills.
- Winning attitude
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment is essential
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field or its equivalent from accredited training institution.
- Complete knowledge of import and export formalities
- Must be computer literate and fluent in English
- Good knowledge of Government rules, procedures is desired
- Excellent knowledge of customs procedures and Shipping Incoterms are a must
- Self-motivated with a high level of confidentiality
- Mature with a sober mind
- Practical work experience of at least five (5) years at a senior management level in a reputable medium sized Company. Work experience in a freight industry is a definite advantage,
- Strong understanding of customer and marketing dynamics and requirements
- Experience with both Inland Container Depot and Container Freight Station (Exports) are a definite advantage.
Application:Interested candidates should send Application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (with three references including addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses) to:
Attention: The Human Resources Department,And/or Email to email@example.com
Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited,
Plot No. 237, Kurasini,
P.O. Box 105638,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Closing date of application is Friday, 30th November 2018 at 17:00 hrs. Phone inquiries on this matter to the
Company and any applications received after this stated deadline will not be entertained.J2