Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) is an Autonomous Utility which was established under section 3(1) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as reviewed by section 60 of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. SHUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of portable clean water supply and sanitation services within Shinyanga municipality.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (22+ POSTS
SHUWASA performs its duties under the supervision of the Executive Board of Directors with functions and responsibilities well stipulated in the Water Works Ordinance and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Water and SHUWASA.
Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) is hereby advertising to the public invitations for applications from dynamic, energetic, dedicated, qualified, motivated, experienced and performance driven male and female Tanzanians to fill the following two (2) vacant Posts:
A successful candidate reports to the Managing Director; shall head Technical Department for ensuring the performance of all water supply and sewerage systems according to agreed performance and public health standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Shall be head of the Technical department responsible for water production, water distribution, and waste water disposal; planning, designing and construction, maintenance and repair activities of the Authority
- Shall be responsible for the performance of all water supply and sewerage systems according to agreed performance and public health standards.
- To develop the reporting and information requirements for monitoring operating performance of water production, sewerage, and maintenance and repair operations.
- Oversee the prudent management of the Authority’s resources, and maintains proper records of those resources;
- Ensure smooth running of all Authority’s Projects from project inception to implementation stage.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
- Holder of a Masters Degree in Civil Engineering/Water Resources Engineering from a recognized university and must be Professional registered Engineer with Engineer’s Registration Board of Tanzania.
- At least 7 years working experience in the water sector, 5 of which must have served sufficiently in a senior position.
- Must possess computer literacy, preferably in one or more design and drawing programmes and must have Strong negotiation and analytical presentation skills.
- Age Limit – Not above 45
Competitive remuneration packages will be offered to the successful candidates basing on proven good track of records, qualifications, experience, and interpersonal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you meet the above-given criteria kindly comply with the following conditions;
Send a signed application letter with an update and detailed personal Curriculum Vitae showing age, present employer and position, current salary and other benefits, daytime working telephone number, and names and contact addresses of three referees.
Applicant must attach their certified copies of their certificates.
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary and Advanced level education be verified by NECTA and Certificate from foreign Universities must be verified by TCU.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Presentation of forged certificate and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Application duly adhered on the above-mentioned items should be received on or before 26th November, 2018.
Shinyanga Urban Water and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 298,
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within one month after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.J2