The Company: CRDB Bank Plc is an African Bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. On behalf of the CRDB Bank, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent, self-motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Head of Procurement. The potential candidate should be able to quickly integrate into the existing leadership team.
Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director – Shared Services, the Head of Procurement will be responsible for leading the sourcing effort, identification of potential suppliers and conduct negotiations on high-value strategic categories for the Bank.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (38+ POSTS
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Contribute to the development of business unit’s strategy for the next 5 years through the provision of views on potential improvements for procurement systems and assessment of the existing situation and
anticipated changes within and external environment.
2. Lead in the development of organizational procurement strategy and all procurement efforts of the unit to efficiently and effectively enable spend owners such as business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. 3. Define the implementation plan of the policies and translate policy statements and concepts into action-able requirements and assign roles and responsibilities amongst staff and engage staff in policies
implementation by providing coaching and support to them.
4. Manage departmental budgets that include recommendation of invoices for payments and proposals/ quotes, preparation of budgets for the procurement department and give inputs of price indications to user department. 5. Lead in the development and maintenance of the Bank’s procurement processes in use and make recommendations for improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
6. Manage all strategic procurement projects for the Bank-from capital expenditure, opex and other significant projects as per Bank of Tanzania Outsourcing Policy and guideline.
7. Oversee thorough evaluations of competitive proposals and monitor vendor and product performance to assist user departments in selecting the vendors most appropriate to meet their needs and ensure they
continually meet the highest standards required. 8. Carry out end to end procurement process that start with demand management that drives supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution through tender initiation, contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and then ongoing performance management and improvement.
9. Carry out commercial negotiations for the Bank to ensure value for money is realized and prepare quarterly procurement reports for the Board for decision making.
10. Lead in the establishment and maintenance of relationships with senior management team (budget holders) and ensure that procurement is aligned with their business objectives, and to enlist their support and some level of their resources in participating in supply base improvement efforts. 11. Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality, including technical inputs to negotiations on strategically significant contracts and management of third party service providers and ensure the due diligence process is carried out
for decision making purposes.
12. Conduct periodic business reviews to monitor compliance to all policies requirements and advise management of any gaps and ensure effective quantification of all procurement risks through the maintenance a framework for financial quantification.
Key Qualifications and Experience
1. The successful candidate must have at least eight years’ experience preferably in a Procurement/Supply Chain Management in a financial institution or a busy firm.
2. S/he should have a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Operations, and Engineering or a related area and relevant qualification from a recognized university. 3. A Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
4. The candidate must be a holder of CSP (T)/CPSP (T) and registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
5. The incumbent must have experience in handling complex and strategic procurement preferably in the Banking industry, a proven track record of delivering large savings and other value to large spend via a strong team and experience in handling complex negotiations on both technical and nontechnical procurement for an organization.
1. The incumbent must have thorough knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
2. The candidate must have thorough in-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and industry best practices
3. S/he is required to possess working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc
4. S/he is required to have strong negotiation skills to use for large commercial deals
5. They must have good experience and understanding with modern sourcing and procurement systems
6. They should be familiar with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as an understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
1. They must possess a strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
2. They should demonstrate change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders (e.g., expert model vs. facilitative model)
3. S/he should have an analytical and creative mindset to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches that have historically “boxed-in” procurement
4. The incumbent must demonstrate strong leadership skills
5. The suitable candidate must be a team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners like IT, finance, HR, legal, etc
6. The candidate should be in a position to initiate change to his/her team and to the organization at large
7. The candidate must possess excellent communication and listening skills
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website for a more detailed job description for the role, and apply online at https://www.pwc.com/ke/en/services/advisory/executive-search.html
Send your application to reach us by Sunday, 2 December, 2018.In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and the names and address of three professional referees.
Canvassing in any form is not allowed and will lead to disqualification.