JOB PURPOSE: The Country Human Resource Officer (CHRO) assumes responsibility for Tanzania HR related matters and provides high quality, value-added advice to the CCO and Senior Management on HR issues.
- Establishes effective, fully integrated relationships with the Cluster HR team, Product HR Generalists/HR Specialists in London in order to ensure that Product HR strategies are implemented in country in compliance with local legal/market conditions.
- Works within the broader Citi and EMEA environment to achieve country objectives.
- Acts as a business partner in developing HR strategies for Tanzania (including recruitment and selection, counseling, training and development, morale and motivation, performance appraisals, compensation and rewards), and ensures proper implementation.
- Develops and maintains very close working relationships within local, regional and global HR teams, and HRSS to ensure consistency of approach and the transfer of best practice.
- Monitors, measures and reports HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaises with other functional Heads so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Ensures that compensation, pension and benefit plans are aligned with Company philosophy/ approach and local market.
- Ensures that Risk and Compliance is followed and that MCA for HR across the franchise is managed
- Is point of contact with the regulator, Bank of Tanzania, on HR related matters.
- Ensures retention, development and growth of talent across the organization.
- Overlooks sourcing of new talent to support business strategy.
- Partners with the business in the continued development of the VOE process.
- Provides counsel to management on employee relations issues.
- Ensures adherence to internal policies and procedures as well as country laws and regulations.
- Ensures the HR function operates within budget and within a well-controlled environment.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (23+ POSTS
Good knowledge of Tanzanian Labor Law
Organizational Awareness/Change Management
HR Strategy formulation
Relationship building and networking skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Effective planning and prioritizing skills to achieve demanding targets and deadlines
Resilience – Adaptable to rapid change
High levels of communication/ influencing skills
Excellent analytical skills
Industry and market knowledge
The ability to ‘roll-up sleeves’
Ability to form and implement strategies related to core HR functions (Recruitment and Selection, Training and development, performance management, and compensation).
University Degree – minimum Upper 2nd class honours
Masters degree in HR or Business Administration an advantage
A minimum of 6 years of HR Management Experience
HR Management and Development
Primary Location: Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Grade/Level: Assistant Vice President/C12
Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade than the one advertised to maintain internal equity. In these cases the Business and HR will work together to determine a formal developments plan for the candidate to get them up to the appropriate grade.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Title: Country HR Officer (CHRO) Tanzania
Application Deadline: 2018-12-04
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer