International Consultancy – Guidelines for the Private Sector Collective Action Against Corruption for advancement of the UN Global Compact 10th Principle in Tanzania
Location : Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Application Deadline : 07-Dec-18 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 10d 23h 9m
Type of Contract : Individual Contrac
Post Level : International Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 20-Dec-2018
Duration of Initial Contract : 30 working days
The process will be undertaken through three phases;
• Phase 1 – Develop and localize business compliance guidelines i.e. incorporate Tanzanian legal principles) for large companies and SMEs; formalize the principles through public – private sector recognition and endorsement.
• Phase 2 Design an anti-corruption compliance program that includes Tanzanian service providers and locally trained experts that can provide training, consulting, and auditing services to Tanzanian companies. The compliance program should be tailored to the needs of Tanzanian firms/businesses but should be part of a pan-African initiative on anti-corruption compliance. The provider should be able to roll out a program and tool kit. The tool kit will include training materials, media and game for learning, compliance audit resources, facilitators manuals and more.The program should cater to both large companies and SMEs and include workshops, clinics and a pilot training to test the service offering.
• Phase 3 – develop compliance system for collective action members and start auditing interface or/and integrate into reputable global database system for member companies.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (27+ POSTS
• Extensive knowledge on development of anti-corruption policy, compliance frameworks and corporate governance
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
• Effective communication skills and ability to establish good working relationships;
• Innovative, solution oriented, and a positive attitude required
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s in political science, Law, International Relations, Economics, Public policy or related field;
• Other trainings in the area of assignment will be an asset.
• At least 10 years of professional experience in the knowledge of Private Sector approaches in fighting corruption. (Creating and or leading collective action initiatives are an added advantage);
• Professional knowledge and/or practical experience in dealing with corruption or closely related issues (examples of previous work may be requested);
• Knowledge of the UN Global Compact’s approach to engaging business on the 10th Principle is an added advantage;
• Relevant experience in working with issues related to corporate governance, anti-corruption, or compliance;
• Past experience working with private sector and/or UN system related project is an advantage.
• High level written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Submit Proposals
• Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address not later than not later than Friday, 07 December 2018.
• Applications with no financial offer or missing P11 form and CV or the required documents for the technical evaluation will not be considered for evaluation.
• All necessary information for this post (TOR, Deliverables, Target dates, etc. are presented in the ICPN) therefore applicant must download it from the following link: http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=51838
• Each email should be less than 8MB; emails over this size will not be received to the above-mentioned account.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.