Job Title: Program Coordinator at SOS Children’s Villages December 2018SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar is Local Non- Government Organization (NGO) affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that work to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing it. Established 64 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Apply for the job Program Coordinator at SOS Children’s Villages December, 2018
Read Also:Also, Globally, it runs two major programmes i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and runs Children’s Villages and other projects in Tanzania, the organisation runs four Children’s Villages in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Zanzibar and other programmes in Pemba, Iringa and Mufindi.
THE PREVIOUS LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (41+ POSTS)
Job title Program Coordinator (1 post) Family Strengthening Program
Duty station SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar
Reporting to Program Director Zanzibar
Roles & Responsibilities
- Firstly, Responsible for coordinating the implementation of the programs and its overall management:
- Secondly, Leads the Programs from the Planning, implementation to exit stage of the beneficiaries.
- Thirdly, Establish effective Networking and Partnerships with the community, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Fourthly, Establish mechanisms for and undertake ongoing monitoring & evaluation of the programs activities
- Furthermore, Identifying opportunities for OVC supportive partnerships within the programme area
- Also, Prepare progress reports of the programme to be shared by the different stakeholders including the donor
- Moreover, Establish partnership and networking with Government, relevant government departments on Children’s and youth affairs
- Strengthen community based structures of OVC & MVC to enable children and youth access to quality essential services
- Lastly, Build and manage a strong programme team in the area of intervention.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Firstly, Bachelor Degree in Community Development, Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology, Development Studies, Rural Development, and any other related field from recognized university or its equivalent.
- Secondly, At least 4 years’ experience in implementing community development or OVC support programs, 2 years in the managerial position.
- Thirdly, Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights based programming and management of CBOs.
- Fourthly, Good communication and presentation skills
- Moreover, Good reporting writing skills.
- Furthermore, Computer literate is a must.
- Lastly, The candidate with high level of commitment and integrity is highly needed
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The advert is open from 3rd December to 12th December 2018.
Write your Applications to the following Address:The Program Director
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar
P. O. Box 1923 Zanzibar, Tanzania
Or sent by email to